New Psychiatrist And To Say Hello
BeHapppy118 posted:
Hello there everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. I haven't been posting on here as much. Life has been good lately to deal with, which I'm happy about. I feel better and I've been getting out and enjoying myself. (One step at a time.) The problem that I have been dealing with, (which I don't want to share.) It seems like I have just gone through so much and I couldn't take anymore. So I made a decision to just slowly let it go. Ever since then, I have noticed a change and that things are better this way, even though it's a bit hard to just let it go. But overall, I feel better and that's the important thing, so there's some good news!

But on the downside, my Psychiatrist had to leave for a few months on maternity leave. I am happy for her when I found out she was pregnant but that leaves me with a new Psychiatrist for a few months.

So, I went to see her last week and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. She seemed nice at first but then it sort of changed. My first meeting with her and she already wants to raise my medicine which I didn't like because it seemed like to me that she thinks she already knows about me already and I didn't like that.. Just do this and you'll be fine! I just met her and she's trying to make these changes and I don't think I'm ready for it when my other Psychiatrist was flexable about it, she wanted me to make those changes when I felt I was ready, she would work WITH me. I just feel like, (you all know what I'm talking about when I say this) she doesn't fully understand and she doesn't know about me or what I've been through. She told me that I don't have to be miserable and that it was my choice whether or not I want to be miserable. But it's just not that easy! She made it seem like I haven't been doing anything to feel better when truly all I (we) want is to feel better. I felt like I wanted to cry while I was there but I had to hold it back and that hasn't happened to me in a while. I always felt fine during my appointments. So I left there not feeling good.

The way I look at it is I have been feeling good, so I don't want to make any change that could interfer with that. (Rasing medication etc..) Like the saying if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Also, I have been feeling good so it kinda made me forget for a awhile what I had to deal with, with Depression and that I felt sort of normal. But going to this appointment just brought some of those feelings back again.
I feel better about it now but I am just dreading another appointment.

So that's it and I thought I'd share that with you all.
Thanks for listening, HUGS to those that need them. Even though I am not on as much, I still think of you all often.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

lissmeanstrouble responded:
I like this part "The problem that I have been dealing with, (which I don't want to share.) It seems like I have just gone through so much and I couldn't take anymore. So I made a decision to just slowly let it go. Ever since then, I have noticed a change and that things are better this way, even though it's a bit hard to just let it go. But overall, I feel better "
Its like you took the words right out of my mouth!
I can heavily relate to things you need to let go, and are just too painful to share.
Your new psychiatrist reminds me of the reasons I am losing faith in the healthcare system.
I work at a doctors office, and for the most part doctors are good, but sometimes I see them pawning people off because they are overworked or stumped.
I feel as if every doc I see is overworked and stumped. Especially her comment about how its your choice to feel miserable, she doesnt sound very compassionate.
I think you made the right decision to not change your meds glad you feel good annie!

BeHapppy118 replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
I am glad we can relate. It's always nice when you have someone else who knows/shares in what you're going through. I feel better about my meds knowing someone agrees with me. Thank you for that. I am just really not looking forward to the next time I have an appointment.

I hope you are feeling good!
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky