Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

New Psychiatrist And To Say Hello
BeHapppy118 posted:
Hello there everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. I haven't been posting on here as much. Life has been good lately to deal with, which I'm happy about. I feel better and I've been getting out and enjoying myself. (One step at a time.) The problem that I have been dealing with, (which I don't want to share.) It seems like I have just gone through so much and I couldn't take anymore. So I made a decision to just slowly let it go. Ever since then, I have noticed a change and that things are better this way, even though it's a bit hard to just let it go. But overall, I feel better and that's the important thing, so there's some good news!

But on the downside, my Psychiatrist had to leave for a few months on maternity leave. I am happy for her when I found out she was pregnant but that leaves me with a new Psychiatrist for a few months.

So, I went to see her last week and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. She seemed nice at first but then it sort of changed. My first meeting with her and she already wants to raise my medicine which I didn't like because it seemed like to me that she thinks she already knows about me already and I didn't like that.. Just do this and you'll be fine! I just met her and she's trying to make these changes and I don't think I'm ready for it when my other Psychiatrist was flexable about it, she wanted me to make those changes when I felt I was ready, she would work WITH me. I just feel like, (you all know what I'm talking about when I say this) she doesn't fully understand and she doesn't know about me or what I've been through. She told me that I don't have to be miserable and that it was my choice whether or not I want to be miserable. But it's just not that easy! She made it seem like I haven't been doing anything to feel better when truly all I (we) want is to feel better. I felt like I wanted to cry while I was there but I had to hold it back and that hasn't happened to me in a while. I always felt fine during my appointments. So I left there not feeling good.

The way I look at it is I have been feeling good, so I don't want to make any change that could interfer with that. (Rasing medication etc..) Like the saying if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Also, I have been feeling good so it kinda made me forget for a awhile what I had to deal with, with Depression and that I felt sort of normal. But going to this appointment just brought some of those feelings back again.
I feel better about it now but I am just dreading another appointment.

So that's it and I thought I'd share that with you all.
Thanks for listening, HUGS to those that need them. Even though I am not on as much, I still think of you all often.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

lissmeanstrouble responded:
I like this part "The problem that I have been dealing with, (which I don't want to share.) It seems like I have just gone through so much and I couldn't take anymore. So I made a decision to just slowly let it go. Ever since then, I have noticed a change and that things are better this way, even though it's a bit hard to just let it go. But overall, I feel better "
Its like you took the words right out of my mouth!
I can heavily relate to things you need to let go, and are just too painful to share.
Your new psychiatrist reminds me of the reasons I am losing faith in the healthcare system.
I work at a doctors office, and for the most part doctors are good, but sometimes I see them pawning people off because they are overworked or stumped.
I feel as if every doc I see is overworked and stumped. Especially her comment about how its your choice to feel miserable, she doesnt sound very compassionate.
I think you made the right decision to not change your meds glad you feel good annie!

BeHapppy118 replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
I am glad we can relate. It's always nice when you have someone else who knows/shares in what you're going through. I feel better about my meds knowing someone agrees with me. Thank you for that. I am just really not looking forward to the next time I have an appointment.

I hope you are feeling good!
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

safe AD to take with tramadol.
my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.