Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Lost and Confussed
rememberme82903 posted:
I have been dealing with this on my own for the last month now, and am not sure what way to turn.
We were fine 1 day and the next he tells me to get out..... For 2 weeks we did not even speak to each other. He slept in the bed and I on the couch. We are now talking but not about what needs to be.
Some background: We have been apart most of our marriage he was on the road (railroad contractor) and I at home working at my job. In January of this year he talked me into quitting my job of 16 yrs and going on the road with him. We rented a place 3 hours from our home where he is working at the moment.
We have been together 13 years and married for 9. He says that he needs some space that his entire life he has lived with someone and that he needs to live alone for awhile. I don't know how to respond to this other than to say that he should have thought about that before we married.
I am at a lost for words, don't know which way to turn, I can't eat, can't sleep and I cry constantly. He wants me to go back to our home and him live here. I try to explain to him that we have 30,000.00 in credit card debt and another 28,000.00 in household bills electric water rent here, mortgage note at home, truck note and insurance. If I go home that is just going to make more bills, more on the electric, water, fuel for the truck etc...etc...
I don't want to give up on my marriage but I can't live like this either. I love him more than my own life. ANY SUGGESTIONS??????

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and Welcome Rememberme -

I am so sorry you are struggling with this and so glad you are reaching out for help. While waiting for others to respond I wanted to pass along the link for our Relationships & Coping Community to connect with more members for advice and support.

Relationships and Coping Community

Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Goals
Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.