Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

disappointment
Anon_152804 posted:
The weekend is here again, and instead of looking forward to great events that may occur, i think about disappointments that i may encounter this weekend. I just want to camp in my bed this weekend. that's such a safe place for me. i have internet access, tv, a comfy bed, all the junk food i want and my cell phone, this is peace place for me, but weird for everyone else. i feel safe here no one to criticize or complain, no one to tell me how great their life is. i have isolated myself for so long that now it is so difficult for me to even be around people, and i often i don't go into the parts of my house. but i want more, but I'm afraid, people that i trusted have disappointed me recently. and thats my fault because i should not have let them in so soon, i was to quick to trust. but i don't want that to be my way of life. but how do i step out, who do i let in?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's now Monday and I hope you had a safe weekend.

Sometimes a safe place and peace are needed, I get it. But I also hope you did not isolate yourself completely. I hope you are safe.

I am so sorry others have disappointed you and you raise a very good question. It is difficult to know what and how much to share. Small steps....

Please check back in to let us know how you are doing,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

more to bipolar treatments
I'm bipolar and just went through what I could find in WebMD for this. I noticed a piece is missing. In addition to medication and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.