Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

i dont know where to go!!!
taskytesh posted:
hi guys,you all out there.i have recently come to know i have depression & taken several tests to confirm the same.i am all alone.i dont know what to do.this depression has been with me since the last 6 years & i & everybody else couldnt find it out.i dont have any friends& 5 months i dont even feel like reading their SMSs leave alone replying them.i am not interested in anything.i hate my father & sister's presence & love their absence.i cant stand my sister even for an hour.she was spoilt even earlier but my irritation has increased beyond bounds.i cannot tell my parents cause they wil think i am just building another excuse for my bad performances.i was a brilliant student till my 10th,lost all out in my 11th & 12th.somehow scored good marks in 12th final exams.then got operated on my brain & spinal cord in 2008 when i was in my engineering 1 st year.post operation ,unhappiness entered my life.i spoiled my time,life & studies owing to ignorance by friends,family problems & set backs in my studies which led to further destruction.and now i have no friends,no love,no job & a father who is ever ready to mary me off to a stranger.and i discover that i have been suffering from depression while my dad thinks i am lazy,not hard-working & interested in life,my mom thinks i am my doing anything just sitting idol in front of tv.guys wat do u think i should do???????

chez1 responded:
hi taskytesh
sorry your post has been responded to, I hope you are still following. Weekends can be really quiet here.
Welcome to the community and I hope you find some of the answers that you are looking for.
For me, reading your post you hold onto a lot of responsibility for the way you are feeling and are not sure how to tell others or indeed how to seek help and support. I am not sure if you know, but depression hits most of adults at some point in their lifetimes, depending on which country you live in, depression hits either 50%, 30% or 25% of the population, so it is maddening that it is still frowned upon.
Anyway, that is my little rant, I tend to do that!!
Here in this community we can not tell you what to do, but I do suggest that you first of all seek some medical advice, hopefully you will find them supportive, it is not always about medication, they may suggest counselling. There are low cost therapies available.
Secondly, I suggest that you try to get back in touch with your family and friends, do this at your pace, one at a time and on your time frame, no one needs to know that you have been ignoring/avoiding messages, you can just say you have been busy, tell them sorry but can they meet up. If they are real friends they will make the time/effort to do so.
Ok, so I now feel like I am rambling. Hope you are following and keep in touch
take care
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

taskytesh replied to chez1's response:
hi chez 1,
thanks for reading my post & taking the trouble to write down something for me so that i am feel there's some1 out der.& yes motivation doesn't last long.i just wanted to request u if u could suggest me some online counseling sites where i can get help.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.