Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Listening
Demons2011 posted:
Per therapists suggestion stopped seeing spiritual counselor for now. Just to focus on depression aspects. Feel kind of sad, he has been a great source of thought and inspiration over the last year. Kind of resent it as well, but listening to recommendations and trying to accept this sole direction for now. As she said, maybe for 3-6 months. Guess I'm just grumbling, grousing.

Still doing crazy hours at work to keep self occuppied and from dwelling on negative thoughts. As well as trying to redirect and rationalize the negative.

Thinking of all the kindness and support in this forum which has been expressed to me over the 6 months I have been in here. Don't think I would have made it had it not been for those which took me under their wings.

chez1 responded:
Hi D
"grumbling and grousing" are surely allowed!!
Can I ask, are you seeing the therapist more often and is the rationale behind stopping seeing the spiritual counsellor due to conflicting advice?
I am always so proud of the way you embrace CBT, I am way to arrogant to go down that route, believing that i am always right!!!
And I am with you about the kindness and support received here, the responses I have been given have at times managed to pull me right back down to earth and give me reasons to fight.
Have you been managing to write any poems? Do you have plans for the weekend?
Sending hugs xx
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

Demons2011 replied to chez1's response:
Chez, not seeing the therapist more often but she does feel that there is a conflict of directions and of keeping to many things on the mental health plate at once. Ya, know cut down on the portents, not that I need a diet. Well, a little one wouldn't kill me.

Haven't been able to write anything lately, I am trying but the blank page just refuses to write its self. How rude.

No big plans for this weekend, working of course - but there is a suggestion out there to enjoy a glass of wine or two. Don't know if it's what I want at this time, still? It's open ended an no set time. I think the phrased used was " I'be home all weekend, the door will be open." Kind of spooks me a little.

chez1 replied to Demons2011's response:
Hey D,
I suppose it is good advice from the therapist and is worth trying, its not like the spiritual counsellor is going anywhere.
Remember as well that you do have the strength within to fight the demons and get back on track. It is sad and yes selfish that the words are not writing themselves, I think you need to have a word with someone!!!
I hear you on being spooked with folks offering open house, come and join us, but maybe it is worth a go, even for just a short time, nip in past, say hi and tell them you have left the dinner on cooking if you need to leave sooner than later!!!
Take care of you and sending you hugs that will be landing at your door very soon x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

Chez, I would be less nervous if this was a couple. She has never been overly friendly until recently. Not sure how to handle it. Guess I'll give it a very simple one drink type evening. I haven't been alone with another women, with drinks in over 23 years. Makes me nervous. Probably just being silly.

Hi Demons
did you manage out for a drink?? You know you come across as being so confident, it is quite sweet that you would be nervous to be in the company of a women, but if it helps, I will have strong words with her if she tries anything untowards, lol!!
Hope you are taking good care of yourself
hugs x

Chez, thanks for the laugh. Much needed right now. I have plenty of confidence in many things. Women, not so much.

Glad I made you laugh, humour is the cheapest therapy around.
I love your new pic, where is it?

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.