Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depressed and Alone
beautifulbuffalo posted:
[TRIGGER] I'm so depressed today and of all times when my husband had to leave town for the weekend.I am now on disability retirement after 21 years on the job. My husband says don't be sad as I've done my time. I suffer major depression, PTSD and anxiety. Plus I have other medical illnesses. People just don't understand and explaining doesn't help. They don't know my past of being raped/molested for many years as a child. It scarred me for life but people don't know that but I'm judged because I don't look disabled. I feel like I have to explain to people but keep my past to myself.

This all has me very very depressed. I've just taken 4 hydrocodone hoping that I can sleep and start over tomorrow.
Beautiful Buffallo

lionbaby73 responded:
I'm sending you a virtual ((hug)) and I'd like to tell you that you are not alone. I too had a rough childhood and I also have multiple medical illnesses but if you see me you wouldnt be able to tell. I'm awaiting the decision for my disability claim. Im also judged by people and been told that there's nothing wrong with me, that I'm just plain lazy...if they only knew how much pain I endure on a daily basis they wouldnt talk so much crap. Don't let the judgement of others get you down. I've learned that some people just don't inform themselves enough to understand what others go through so don't let their ignorance get you down. You shouldn't have to justify anything. only YOU know how and what you are feeling. Just remember that you are not alone. Take care and I hope tomorrow is a better day
PS. If you are not sleeping well you might want to bring it up to your Psych next time you see him/her...I too have trouble sleeping, we are working on fixing it.

beautifulbuffalo replied to lionbaby73's response:
I had an okay day today. I was alone all day and got to see my grandson who was born yesterday. That's enough to brighten your day until I left and it all went back to normal. Feeling down and lonely. I have no friends and don't know how to find some. I don't work, and I have no hobbies that I can meet people.

I just feel so so alone.
Beautiful Buffallo

chez1 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
hey beautiful buffalo, congratulations on the birth of your grandson, that is awesome.
I am so sorry you are having such a hard time of it just now, I wish I could come through the screen and give you a massive hug and show you that people care.
Is there anything that you have wanted to do that you have not done before, is that a route to meet new friends?

Sending you this thought and hugs
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

lionbaby73 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Congratulations! Have you tried crafts as a hobby? I picked up plastic canvas as a hobby about 8 years ago when I was dx'd with FM and other illnesses. It's easy and could be fun at times. Christmas is around the corner so I make little cartoon character ornaments out of them and give them to any little kids I know to hang on their trees. It doesn't always pick me up on those really dark days but it gives me something to do since I don't have many friends and don't work neither. Maybe you can make a door sign with the baby's name for the baby's room! just an idea
Hope tomorrow is a better day! Check out www.freepatterns.com it might be something you'd like!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

need some help here
Does anyone knows anything about "chronic cortisol efficiency" , one of my cousin has it. I would like to know more about this. Feel ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.