Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Not Feeling Better
lionbaby73 posted:
Hello. Ive been a depression sufferer for over 15yrs and recently made my 2nd stay at a hospital. Its been almost a month since I came back home but since day one I havent had a chance to really recuperate. Since the day I got back I had to act like none of it ever happened and I honestly think I should had stayed in the hospital a little longer. I started seeing a therapist weekly and was seen by a psychiatrist once since Ive been home. I'd noticed that Ive had only a couple of really good days but several really BAD days. Sometimes I feel like calling the hot lines but I hesitate and end up not doing it. I find myself spacing out or "looking" very sad (so my boyfriend says) but I dont seem to have any control over it. Getting up in the morning is still a struggle. Socializing is the last thing on my mind, on the contrary, I find myself avoiding texts,calls and visitors. Today I'm having a bad day. Been home alone with my boyfriend all day and I cant get myself to even smile at him. I feel repulsed, angry, sad, and many other things I dont want to mention. **SIGH** Ive been taking Buspar and Remeron for my symptoms but I dont feel they are working yet.

Demons2011 responded:
Lionbaby, like most of us it takes a fair amount of time for the meds to kick in, anywhere from 3-6 wks. They do help some, but the drugs are not a cure. I'm still trying to cope with everything you discribed, but off the meds - too many side effects for me (sleepiness, anger, memory issues. (not just an age thing.) Hang in there, try really putting out a lot of effort in therapy. It will be a battle, one you can handle and help reduce the constant drain.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.