Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depression Privacy
designlady54 posted:
I just want to let everyone who post on this site that your post show up on the web, I was looking for some old pictures and typed in my uusername on BING and my post from three months ago showed up with my comments. Now that's fine on a social media site but this site is for people dealing with depression and when one is depressed they may say things they don't want their employers/family/ and others to know. I will not be posting on here any longer and would love to know how to remove my post so if anyone knows please let me know.

Take the Poll

Would you want your post on WebMD community on the WWW for anyone to read?
  • Yes
  • No Way
  • I don't care
vote
View Poll Results

Demons2011 replied to chez1's response:
Really don't care if it's on the web, nothing terriblely personal, just raw emotions. It might be better for some to have it less visible.

designlady54 replied to chez1's response:
Who is and how do I contact the moderator, I would so love to have my post removed, I don't want perspective employers or family seeing my post. I only made two but they were raw emotion, learned my lesson though.

designlady54 replied to chez1's response:
Thank you Chez1

lissmeanstrouble replied to designlady54's response:
I wonder what information you submitted that linked your posts to your legal name? Because I definitely would not want friends, family or prospective employers to find out what goes on in this loony head of mine.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
Hi everyone!

I completely understand your concerns regarding privacy.

If you have a username that is easily identified, web searches for that name might show a post in a WebMD community.

For example, if your email address is BlahBlah85@gmail AND your user name here is also "BlahBlah85", those searching for you via your email might come across a post.

Of course, if you use your "real name" as your community member user name, that might also show up.

I encourage you to find a username that you feel comfortable with and use it exclusively for our communities here. If your username is BlahBlah85 and that is not connected to any other online identity/email, etc, prospective employers/friends/family members are not able to find you here based on a search of your name.

Does that make sense? Please post any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer or find those smarter than I who can address

Haylen

p.s. Chez1, thanks for letting Designlady know about the "report this" feature!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.