Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Includes Expert Content
major depression
bslinkymi1212 posted:
have treatment resistant depression and i'm looking for advice. i've tried a number of antidepressants, some have worked temporarily. i'm looking for reliable treatment. now i'm trying viibryd. i asked about remeron because i heard it might work with trd and because i'm quite thin and heard it helps with appetite and gaining weight. i'm also curious about deplin. vitamin D? is there anything i should mention to my doc next time i see her?

Demons2011 responded:
bslinkymi1212, I would really push on more information on the Vit D, perhaps with additional melatonin if you're have sleep issues as in not enough.

The other serotonin drugs seem to have a lfe cycle of effectiveness. Then ending up on a cocktail of drugs. At this time I don't know of a drug which truly removes depression, reduces from some, yes - cure no. Sorry to say, sometimes I could almost be a conspiracy theroist on drug companies and their practices.

Thomas L Schwartz, MD responded:
Everything you mentioned is good. Remeron has some studies showing that when combined with other antidepressants it can work for resistant depression. the folate-like vitamin, Deplin also has studies... Vit D has the least data, but I have seen it help folks too

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.