Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

What to do?
Blondedepressed posted:
I've been depressed for years and have coped with it fine until this past year when things started happening in my family with my children and grandchildren. I know my children are grown but I hate seeing two of my grandchildren so unhappy. This seems to have triggered my anxiety disorder again to the point that all I do is cry. One grandchild is a minor and in a situation that is going to court soon and she is now staying with me and not wanting to go home because of the choices her mother is making with the man that hit my granddaughter. It seems that she has chosen him over the child and the child thinks that also. She needs counseling in the worst way and her mother says she is trying to get her into see someone. This often brings me to tears at times during the day and often in the evening when I'm with the child and I try my best to hold it back. My medication seems to help but not always. The other grandchild is 19 and trying to get started on his own, has left a secure home where he didn't have to pay anything but to just stay in school which he quit and moved in with my daughter, the mother of the other grandchild. I pray every night for both of these children and hope for the best but it is driving me insane worrying about what is going to happen to them. I have just started seeing a therapist and have been seeing a psychiatrist for 2 years. I really need someone to talk to every day but really have no one that I can rely on. Any ideas on how I can get help?

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.