Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Share Your Best Morning Tip Here
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you have a tip or trick that gets your day started and can have a positive impact on your mood or energy level?

It can be something as small as taking a deep breath or an action that requires a little more like like journaling or exercise.

For me, making the bed right away is important. That way, getting horizontal again isn't an option. I have to stay vertical to keep going and do what I need to do for the day. Going back to sleep never turns out well for me

Anyone else want to share?

Haylen

chez1 responded:
I am generally quite good in the mornings, as in it is when I have most energy. Saying that, I pretty much need to get up and out of the house, if I have a chance to hang around I start to "faff" about so I get all my stuff ready the night before. I set out my clothes in the bathroom so all I have to do is jump in the shower, dress and leave the house, I pretty much have the kids in the same routine.
Then I head to work for my morning coffee to really kick start my day.
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

deasertrose responded:
I don't have one I don't get out of bed till I have to go to work at three.

Jeune1 replied to chez1's response:
Faff is such a great word.

I get out of bed and go for a walk first thing in the A.M. even on weekends. I know it sounds simple but if I have learned that if I stay in bed after I wake up my mood crashes hard.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Jeune1's response:
What is "faff"? Inquiring minds want to know!

I forgot to mention coffee....in addition to being vertical, there must be coffee. (and not that decaff stuff)

Haylen

chez1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen
To "faff" is to waste time doing nothing. It could be a Scottish word but not really sure, I do find it a really descriptive word.
And absolutely - no decaf in my life either.
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to chez1's response:
Does facebook count as "faff"

chez1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I am sure it must be as it is definitely one of the things that I waste my time doing!!!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.