Share Your Best Morning Tip Here
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you have a tip or trick that gets your day started and can have a positive impact on your mood or energy level?

It can be something as small as taking a deep breath or an action that requires a little more like like journaling or exercise.

For me, making the bed right away is important. That way, getting horizontal again isn't an option. I have to stay vertical to keep going and do what I need to do for the day. Going back to sleep never turns out well for me

Anyone else want to share?

Haylen

chez1 responded:
I am generally quite good in the mornings, as in it is when I have most energy. Saying that, I pretty much need to get up and out of the house, if I have a chance to hang around I start to "faff" about so I get all my stuff ready the night before. I set out my clothes in the bathroom so all I have to do is jump in the shower, dress and leave the house, I pretty much have the kids in the same routine.
Then I head to work for my morning coffee to really kick start my day.
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

deasertrose responded:
I don't have one I don't get out of bed till I have to go to work at three.

Jeune1 replied to chez1's response:
Faff is such a great word.

I get out of bed and go for a walk first thing in the A.M. even on weekends. I know it sounds simple but if I have learned that if I stay in bed after I wake up my mood crashes hard.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Jeune1's response:
What is "faff"? Inquiring minds want to know!

I forgot to mention coffee....in addition to being vertical, there must be coffee. (and not that decaff stuff)

Haylen

chez1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen
To "faff" is to waste time doing nothing. It could be a Scottish word but not really sure, I do find it a really descriptive word.
And absolutely - no decaf in my life either.
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to chez1's response:
Does facebook count as "faff"

chez1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I am sure it must be as it is definitely one of the things that I waste my time doing!!!