Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Dr.Thomas Schwartz
soulkeepers posted:
Was wondering what's the best to come off of meds without the guidance of a doctor?

• Welbrutin--300mgs
  • Celexa---50mgs
  • Zoloft----100mgs
  • Doxepin---150mgs
  • Xanax---2mgs 3x a day

I take other meds but I want to start to come of these first.So if you can give me any input that will be great...Thanks in advance for your help.
THE REAL PRICE OF REAL LOVE IS NO CHARGE!!

Anon_24521 responded:
I am positive he will tell you, to see a doctor, that he can not make any recommendations purely from the internet.
Im sorry to disappoint you.

soulkeepers replied to Anon_24521's response:
Anon_24521,

Thanks for answering but you haven't disappointed me.

Well if he can't give me any guidance via internet then that's fine.I'll figure out a way to do it on my own cause there's no chance of me seeing the doctor.

Thank you again

soulkeepers replied to soulkeepers's response:
Dr.Schwartz,

I would like to apologize for posting asking for advice before I read a post of you giving advice and tips or stopping meds.

So if I wasted anyone's time forgive,I know how that can piss people off.Asking unnecessary questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good one

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to soulkeepers's response:
Hey soulkeeper - it doesn't hurt to ask. It might be interesting to get a doctors perspective on stopping meds, even if he can't answer your specific questions. I'll see if I can find some information on that.

AND...I urge you to not stop or start ANY medication (prescription or OTC) without consulting a medical health care professional.

Haylen

soulkeepers replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks but don't go through the trouble.I have plenty of info on what I need.

I know what ever I do it don't matter one way or the other.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.