Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

In a spin - Trigger
chez1 posted:
[TRIGGER] I am not sure how this is going to turn out which is why I have written trigger, I feel like a complete b****y fool, just when I thought things were going well between my husband and I (some of you will know its been a bumpy road) he comes home this evening and tells me he was with a female friend last night to the theatre in a different City. As far as I was aware he was away on business which is not unusual as he goes away pretty much every week.
I know the female that he was with, I don't really like her and he knows that but I am sure that is irrelevant right now. He says there was nothing in it, that he went as a favour to her and that he just was not sure how to tell me, I don't know what to make of it.
I just don't understand, if there was nothing in it, then why not tell before he went and why tell me know, I wonder if he was seen by someone and is scared that I would get told, he did kind off indicate that.
I don't know what to do, I have in the past said no more, that I will not let him hurt me again but now that we are here, I just feel lost. I feel like an idiot for thinking things would change and then again I think maybe I am just over reacting, maybe there is nothing in it, but then again why be secretive?
I know that I am not worthy of being loved and cared for, I know I am a horrible person who hurts others, so why am I surprised by this, it is what I deserve. It has just all been confirmed, but I now have to question why have I bothered fighting to stay alive all of these months, what a waste of time that has been.
I am sorry to blurb on, I am just in a spin and need to vent.
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Vent away and spin out! I won't point out to you all of the false statements you made in your post because I'm sure you can guess what they are

Sending you (((hugs))) and positive thoughts. I'll be back later to check in and I hope you are feeling less vent-y and spin-y

H

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
And feel free to blurb on too.....H

chez1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you H, we will have to agree to disagree with some of this.
I am still not sure what to do, I did say to my h that I don't know what to do with this and he went off to bed. I sense that he is feeling bad, so maybe there is nothing in it.
But I still don't get why, the lies started last week, when he initially said he was going away I said that we would go with him as the plan was to my home City, at that point he was hesitant and started to backtrack, then the next day gave me an itinerary for this week, I knew then that something was wrong but really didn't know what. I knew it was wrong as he never tells me where and when, it is just work so I don't really give it much thought.
Then when he told me tonight, that part made sense but I still don't understand why. I mean I don't understand any of it.
I know he knows I dont like her, so maybe that is why he didnt say, but he also told me he booked the tickets months ago, does that mean he has been lying all the time, oh god has he been seeing her all this time? Sure that isn't really a question for just now, but I do think it is save to say I am still spinning. It is going to be a long night.
Thank you again for responding
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

chez1 replied to chez1's response:
I think I may be a little bit devastated and actually really don't know what to do.
This is hard, although I know I don't deserve anything better I don't want to go through this again. I neither have the strength or will power to keep going with it.
Thankfully I am on holiday with the kids from tomorrow for nearly a week, at least it will take me away from here and will give me some space.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to chez1's response:
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you're able to get some sleep tonight and have an enjoyable holiday with the kids. It is an "out of town" kind of holiday or just a "no work, no school" holiday?

Sending positive thoughts to you -

H

chez1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you again Haylen
The holiday is out of town to visit a friend. It will be grand. I am sorry for venting here, sometimes it is the only place that I have to sort thoughts out in my head.
All is in place for holiday, car is packed and we are set for off in the morning so it will be good. We even get to go on a place as well!!
Hoping that I can put this to the back of mind for the week and that by the time I come home I will feel better equipped to deal with it all.
Take care and sending hugs x

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.