Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

What to try now?
vctomb posted:
I have been diagnosed so many different things throughout my life.Severe low chronic depression, social anxiety, severe anxiety, bipolar, I have heard at lot of things and tried all kinds of meds. Honestly, I don't remember all the names of everything that I have tried, I just know that most of them caused me to go crazy. I have seen several therapist, counselors. Anyway, about five years ago I found out that I have high blood pressure and around a year ago started taking a medication to control it. After about four months I had to take myself off of the medication because I went in a severe irrational depression. I have been on a hard spiral down since. Currently, I don't want to get out of the bed. I use every bit of energy going to a new job which I thought would help by changing my environment. It's not helping. I am using all of my energy on this job and then come home and sleep. I fight hard everyday to get out of the bed and do for my family....This is the first time that I feel like there isn't anything left. It is so bad that when I get tired, I drop hard. I have fought for so long, and tried so many different things, What can I do now. I just don't think there is much left.

chez1 responded:
Hi vctomb
i wonder if there is some coincidence with the bp meds and your mood??
Well done on getting up and going to work, I know you say it isn't helping but it sounds like at least a distraction. Try and not be so hard on yourself about being tired and sleeping so alot.
I suggest you go back to the dr and speak about your bp and your depression, I know you have tried lots but it has to be worth a try, you may have to try a few combinations to get things sorted.
It has been a few days since you posted this, I hope you are feeling a bit better
Take care
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Group for Families and friends of people with depression
Since most of the family support sites are 404, I set one up for friends, family and spouses of people with depression. Actually, everyone ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.