Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I'm scared
deasertrose posted:
Please everyone pray for me. I'm getting on an airplane in the morning and flying across the US. I am so scared of flying. I don't want to have a panic attack or freak out where they have to tie me down. I know it probably won't happen but I can work myself up pretty good.

chez1 responded:
hi deasetrose
first of all, where are you going and secondly you are not alone with your fear of flying.
Have you talked to your dr about meds to help settle you before the flight. If not, try and not worry, the stewardess is used to people being anxious, she/he will help you.
If you have a panic attack - you will survive it, I know this because you have before and I know from personal experience I have as well and again the staff on the plane will help you.
I know all about working myself up pretty good, but I also know that at times I need to stay focussed, I also know that you have the ability to stay focussed, you can do it .
Take care and let us know how you get on
hugs x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily...........Zig Ziglar

qk1902 responded:
fyi- PlaneCrashInfo.com reports the odds of dying in an airliner crash are 0.089 per 100,000 flight hours . The odds of your dying in a 1 hour flight are less than 1 in 1,000,000. See http://voices.yahoo.com/aviation-safety-odds-1044893.html for more info, hope that makes you feel better!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Goals
Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.