Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Spouse Depression Discussions
Circuitman posted:
Would like to discuss any issues of spouse or partner depression and other related issues of ADHD, BiPolar, Depression, Irrational Behavior and Irrational Decisions in ones life

Finallyfree responded:
I myself are all the above. Im 29yrs old and have been married for ten yrs. i was just recently diagnosed with major depressive, bipolar 1, Adhd, manic depressive. this has went untreated for nine of the ten yrs ive been married. Finally this past yr i knew something had to be done.if my spouse didnt truly love me she would have been gone a long time ago. its hard but u have to understand its not his or hers fault.its something if treated correctly things can get better. would love to talk more about this. i hope i was helpful. thx

Finallyfree replied to Finallyfree's response:
being bipolar is hard. i was raised with a father who suffered ptsd and flashbacks from vietnam.the way i was taught to deal with a problem was whipping someones ass. then feeling bad about what i did after the damage had been done.mood swings was normal for me.for example i would be happy in a great mood and if someone looked a me the wrong way.it took over. it being the rage.for the longest time i wondered where does this rage come from. i thought i was a good guy and was most of the time.im not bragging about this. im ashamed and want to help people understand that at the snap of a finger i could be triggered.but ive got help for this bipolar. prx lithium 900mg klonpin 2mg a day.

Finallyfree replied to Finallyfree's response:
for the depresion its a combination of hereditary and not being able to do things i used to do.i was injured while playing high school football.three hearniated discs in my lower back. one day i could get up off my floor in my house due to these back issue.cant work general labor jobs.this is where my depression comes in. celexa 40mg a day.

Finallyfree responded:
Adhd omgoodness where do i begin. it started in grade school. i had difficulty learning and staying focused. i had to have tudors.symtoms racing thoughts,cant sit still. i interupted people.it goes on and on.If not treated it can be impairing.it was torture to take a test and try to focus and learn while being untreated.now tht i am treated.im finally free.prx adderal 20mg 2xs a day

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 33 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.