Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Spouse or Partner Depression
    Circuitman posted:
    I am currently experiencing my spouse fading away from our relationship of 27 years with a chronic state of deep depression and anxiety. She has been on meds for 20 years and has recently cut the meds to almost none. This has led to an increase of depressed state and irrational decisions. I have begged and pleaded for her to go to a PSYC to deal with her issues but she refuses and is in denial about the changes that I clearly see and feel of her changes. She has even recently withdrawn her relationship with our only daughter and has sent me an email to terminate our 24+ years of marriage as she says she wants to begin a new life and focus on herself. I am looking for ideas to intervene in this with her but have no idea how to do that without negative and possibly explosive reactions. Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Take the Poll

Any one with spouse or partner with deep chronic depression, bipolar, ADHD please respond with your suggestions and recommendations, please!!
    • Spouse or Partner Depression
    • Spouse or Partner Anxiety
    • Spouse or Partner Bipolar
    • Spouse or Partner ADHD
    vote
    View Poll Results

Jeune1 responded:
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope you'll take care of yourself. I strongly suggest you to talk to a counselor yourself to get help working through this. You can ask her to go with you, but if she won't, that shouldn't stop you.

The only exception to this of course is if she becomes suicidal. It doesn't sound like she is, but if that happens, that's the point you call 9-1-1.

Please keep checking in here because there are a lot of people dealing with depressed significant others and family members.

Take care

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
    Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.