help
lujan85 posted:
I dont know where to start. I cant stop my crying. Ever since I had to give my dog away because im losing my home and there nothing i can do about it all resources have been looked at. I have had a very rough time finding a job. I found one but just to late and I am working there. My dog was my everything she was a part of my soul she knew me inside and out when I broke down crying she was there. she placed her head on my shoulder and her paw on me and gave me a hug. Now I lost her. I tried speaking to my mother but im just a disappointment to her. Its been 5 days i cant stop crying at everything. My body hurts all the time. I cant sleep. I am never hungry. I am lost confused and have no idea how or what i can do. I dont even know why I am here. I'm poor broken and alone. All i do is keep crying i cant stop. It wont stop it doesnt even need to be about ym dog i just cant stop. at work I have tears going down my face and I force a smile. I cant do this anymore.

OhMyGod responded:
Hi Lujan,
Its alright to have a continuous streak of bad days. It happens. First thing to do is accept things are bad.
I think the problem here is your mind keeps going back to the incident (of your dog going away and loosing possessions) and cant seem to come to terms with it. Its fine to be in denial stage and eventually I think u have moved to depression stage. Which means you have made progress. The key challenge now is to not get stuck between denial and depression but to graduate to acceptance. It is quite evident that the dog meant a lot to you and the loss is probably irreplacable. But dear, no one can ever go back in time and change things that have already happened. Take it easy. The thing that helped me was keeping a journal - just plain writing down everything that is going on in my mind provides it so much relief. Do that. It will put things in perspective. It wont reverse anything but will help you to eventually accept what has already happened and move you towards the options avlbl. ahead of you. I think the dog represents all the other problems. So, learn to let go. And work with what you have already got. It is great that you have got a job. Now build on that. Within the work hours, be at your professional best. Progress maybe slow but persevere and things will become better. Use the job as an anchor. Just the passing of time and uneventful days has the power to heal. Remember, you are at the bottom of the trough and the only way to go is up. Ride out this passing phase and prepare for the continuous streak of good days that awaits you in the not so distant future. All the Best.