Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

depressed partner
kirra133 posted:
My partner has become very depressed and i do not know how to help him.

He has had a troubled childhood. When he was younger he found a dead body in the woods, he also had seen his best-friend die by a car in front of him. I have been with him through everything. he also is having trouble with his mother. his mother does not show him any compassion and he has no where else to live. he was forced to get another job to pay for rent so he was working two jobs and going to school. he would go to school all day then go to work then he would get off at 130am and have to walk home because he has no car. it would take him about an hour to get home maybe even two. then he woul get home around 3am and wake up at 6am to go to school. this year has been very hard for us he started to do things he never would do.

When we first started dating he would call me all the time and he would always want to be with me, no i can not even get him to text me or tell me whats going on. we have been dating for 4 years now and we planned to move in with each other this summer but he has been acting very strange. At first i thought he was cheating on me because he started to distance himself for me and he lies about little things. i try texting his mother but he does not want me to talk to her. so that makes me thinnk that he is cheating even more/

when we would fight he would push me around and hurt me. he would yell and scream. he never use to do that. hes not the same person anymore. he told me a couple days ago that he wants to kill himself for hurting me. he feels worthless and has thought about killing himself and others. he tells me he is at the hospital but when i tlk to his mom she tells me he is home. her stories do not match his. so i think he is lying and cheating on me. but i dont understand why he would go through all of this to cheat. it doesnt make sense. when i talk to him he doesnt show any emotion and is just mono toned. he is starting to scare me. i know he can be the old person. i feel like he is just lost.

he says he needs to find himself but he loves me and doesnt want to leave me. but i dont know what i should do. i have talked to him everyday for 4 years so it is hard to not talk to him. he does not tell me where he is or how he s doing and what he is thinking. he told me he had bought a gun. he is my best friend my everything. i know we are very young but i dont want him to hurt himself. i am so confused and need help.

I love him so much and i will do anything for him. i can not sleep and i can not eat i just worry about him. i am failing in school and i just want to sleep all day. i feel worthless and ugly. i dont want him to leave me. i was very mean to him when we were younger because i was going through a rough time. so i blame myself for the way he feels sometimes. i deserve to be punished for hurting him.

i dont know what to belive anymore. i feel so sick i cry every night and i cant get through the day without getting teary eyed. my mother tells me just to leave him with his space but i am so afraid he will do something. and i can not get over the fact not knowing if he is alright.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.