Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

MONSTER
Maddy_usmc posted:
I have been suffering from major depression for a while now and this is kind of how i feel.I cant take it no more, why cant you just leave me alone. Cant you see all the pain and stress your putting me threw? I wake up in the mornings hoping to see that your forever out of my life, But your always there. There's no way for me to escape from you. It seems as if you've got a death grip on me. Everyday I have to deal with what you throw at me: I cant think straight, insomnia, feeling like I'm worthless/a failure, always feeling irritable, you made me lose interest in everything, I've lost all my weight, I'm in pain everyday, feeling empty sad and anxious all the time that isn't cool, and if that wasn't enough you make me have suicidal thoughts. I just want you to know I hate what you have made me become and you know what that is a monster! So a big thanks to you MAJOR DEPRESSION for ruining my life!

lexismom11 responded:
The way you describe how depression is is amazing. If I could put it into words, that would be what I would say. Good job expressing yourself. I wouldn't go so far as to say you are a monster, but that change that depression can bring to your life can be dramatic and devastating as I am sure you already know. I hope you are seeing a doctor or therapist and are getting the help you need to try and keep this in check.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.