Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

TRIGGER* stuck on the edge *TRIGGER
boots79 posted:
I feel like I am stuck on a ledge and don't know what to do. Everyone thinks I am doing great. I have impressed my counselors and dr's on how "well" I am doing. Yea I am in college now but I only did it because I want people to be proud of me and because everyone kept telling me I needed to do something. I am doing well grade wise but I feel like such a fake. I don't want to be there. I have panic attacks every day but hide it so well no one notices anymore. The only reason I keep pushing through it is because I don't want to disapoint everyone. They seam so happy with me. I lie every time I go to my apointmets about how proud of myself I am and I even lie about taking my meds. I haven't taken them in a while. every time I look at them I get so sick to my stomach. I have even put them away so I don't have to look at them anymore. Everyone is so happy that I have been losing weight too, but they don't know. I don't eat much any more and what I do eat isn't good for me at all. I have gotten so good at telling lies that i even do it to myself. I tell myself I am not angry at the people who have hurt me so much and that they realy didn't turn their back on me when I need them. The truth is they did and I am so angry. but I pretend and I don't know why. Why is it I have to have everyone elses aproval. Why cant I belive in myself and be happy at that. Why cant I live for myself instead of everyone else. The truth is i hate myself right now. If I wasn't so afraid of disapointing everyone i would be cutting right now or worse. I don't know what to do. I am scared. It is easy to rant here because no one know who I am. but to face my dr.'s and the people around me I am such a cowered. so here I am stuck on my ledge unable to go forward or backward. know that at any sencond the slightest brease will know me down. In some way's I pray it does. sad right!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

What has helped me with my depression
I have always struggled with depression. After trying meds and therapy I have to say that I have finally found something that helps. This ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.