Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

suffering in silence
completyalone posted:
My spouse had a severe depression for several years, and I'm in the limit I can't deal with this no more please help
Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry to hear that depression has touched your life. Unfortunately, this is a very common topic here. We have a discussion "living with a depressed husband " that was started 4 years ago and continues to get comments from those looking for support. You might want to look through that so that you know you are NOT alone!

A few questions - is your spouse currently seeking therapy or taking any medication to manage depression? Has he/she been diagnosed by a medical professional? Have you spoken to a therapist or counselor for support? Are you able to talk to your spouse about their depression?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to find out what your situation is so I can point you to some resources! The article below might have some information you can find useful:
Helping Friends and Loved Ones with Depression

Please let us know a few more details and (((hugs))) to you during this difficult time!


Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.