Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Please share: ONE THING!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
What is one thing (or more!) that you have done today to manage your depression or anxiety? Let's share - maybe we can get ideas from another community member. It can be as simple as taking your meds or as complex as making a doctor's appointment.

I just took a walk around the block. It was only 12 minutes or so but my mood has lifted.

Anyone else want to share anything - big or small?

Haylen

boots79 responded:
I went to taco bell with a friend. It was much better than hospital food and I had a good time.

lexismom11 responded:
I took my meds and I helped put up the Christmas tree.

Demons2011 responded:
I worked for a little while today, around teenagers. Wasn't to bad, helped lift the fog for a bit.

Survivor2007 responded:
Went to the opening of a local art program, sat in the sun on a bench on the main street of this small town that I live in. Beatiful old stone courthouse that has been transformed into a center for the arts. Enjoyed the art, the sun, the breeze, the trees in all of their fall colors.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to boots79's response:
Boots - Taco Bell - YUM. I'm sure hospital food can't throw down a bean burrito or crunchy taco like the Bell my two faves

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to lexismom11's response:
lexismom - can you believe it's Christmas tress season already???

Do you guys do real or artificial? I'd prefer artificial (my allergies to a real tree make my eyes puff up and itch). But my husband and the girls like real - we're getting ours this weekend.

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Survivor2007's response:
Survivor - I'm glad you live in a place with sun this time of year! Some of my friends are experiencing grey skies and rain for days at a time...Yeah for sunshine!

lexismom11 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
We use an artificial tree so we have to put all of the branches up and fix them. That's a real pain. Once that is don, it is a matter of putting decorations up. It didn't take that much time to put it up like I thought it would. I wouldn't be able to put up with the allergies if I had them.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to chez1's response:
Good to see you Chez! I've been thinking about you a lot since Mr. Ziglar passed Some really wonderful tributes out there....

How are you doing?

H

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.