Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

give suggestion
An_249300 posted:
hi i would like to get some help regarding my is byn 2 years since she has this depression problems.psycotic depression,she has this illusion that there are people watching.we dont have money required to treat her fully nd its hard to talk to her to go to ny place for treatment nd one f the sibling thinks my mom shud be send to an asylum.

Take the Poll

what is the best treatment?
  • send to an asylum
  • get treatment
View Poll Results
Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I don't think the term "asylum" is used anymore - there are mental health facilities and in-patient hospital programs that treat those with mental illness. It's important that you mother get a proper diagnosis and treatment ASAP. Below are some links that might help.

WebMD's Crisis Resources might be a good place to start to find some help for your mom:

SAMHSA's National Mental Health Information Center
Phone: 1-877-SAMHSA-7 (1-877-726-4727)

Mental Health America
Phone: (800) 969-6642

You can find more resources, links and phone numbers here: Finding Help for Depression
Finding Help for Bipolar
Schizophrenia Help & Resources


Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Mental Health Problems
Mental Health problems can bang anyone at anytime.The access of a ambit of mental disorders and mental health related problems will about ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.