Depressed
bornagain216 posted:
Not a very orignal title for a post, but that's all I could think of.

I'm depressed and all I want to do is sleep. I slept all day yesterday and all night. Now I'm ready to go back to sleep again. I don't expect an answer from anybody, I just needed to write. It's during these times that I wish I didn't exist, but somehow I still wake up in the morning. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up feeling better. I can hope, can't I?

Survivor2007 responded:
bornagain216, hope is what it is all about. I am not a sleeper with my depression, but my Mom is. Are you on any medication, or seeing a counselor? this is a tough time of the year for those of us who deal with depression, and I can agree that I would love to sleep through until January. Please post more about yourself, if you are comfortable with that...there are a lot of very supportive people here....it helps to know that you are not alone. Be kind to yourself.....

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Originality is not required here! I'm a "sleep when depressed" kind of person too. During rough times, I can barely keep my eyes open.

I've found that a medication adjustment, doctor's appointment to discuss or session with a therapist can help enormously.

Anxiety or depression can cause fatigue but it can also result from overwork, poor sleep, worry, boredom, lack of exercise, illness or medicine. A check in with your primary care physician might be a good idea too!

(((hugs))) coming to you from sunny California - please keep checking back in!

Haylen