Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

feelingblue
justsurviving posted:
I along with thousands of other humans this time of year have worse symptoms of depression. Wish it weren't so, but it is. It takes ever so much energy to put up a good front for the sake of my job. My grown children think I have lost my mind and I have just quit talking to them, they have no idea what I am going through. I am one of the working poor as well, just surviving month to month. So many of us living like this in the US.

Survivor2007 responded:
I so understand what you are saying about this being a very hard time of year. In the past, I was always able to put aside some money to be able to buy gifts for my children and grandchildren. Now it will be several years in a row that I do not have the income to be able to do more than simple dollar store trinkets. I have been battling unemployment, chronic back pain, breast cancer. I only make it week to week and month to month because I am able to get food from the local food bank, and get some assistance with my utilities. This time of year, all of the ads on TV are just reminders of what I do not have and am not able to do. I try to go throught the motions, putting up a little tree and a few decorations, but even that makes me sad. So many memories of happier times in those special tree ornaments. I also am able to put up a good front....I go to the holiday events that I am invited to, dressed nice and looking like all is well. Every year I tell myself that next year will be better....and it seems that every year has become harder and more hopeless. Sigh....

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.