Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depressed Loved One
shoddy posted:
My girlfriend and domestic partner has struggled with depression her entire life and it's been incredibly difficult for her. To make matters worse, a few months back she learned that she likely also has Aspergers and the revelation has taken a terrible toll on her. It really hit her hard because we were in the middle of a big move and the change was stressful enough for her. She also lost her job and couldn't find the will to begin looking for a new one for a few months. During this time she has grown increasingly resentful towards me as she had been financially dependent for many years and despises the idea of not making money. I love her very much but she can be very hurtful when she enters a manic state and she recently had a very terrible meltdown. I want her to know I still care for her but I don't know how. Does anyone have any similar stories?

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.