Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

MyRainIsBack
MyRainIsBack posted:
Hello, I don't know if any of you remember me, I haven't been posting in months. I had been doing well for the most part but am having issues again.
I'm trying not to cry as I type this.
I have gained weight and plan to limit what I eat to take it off.
I am sad, sad, sad.

Demons2011 responded:
My Rain, so sorry to see you struggling again. I know this weight thing for women can be a real struggle. Certainly glad to see you again even if it's on this site. Chez1 comes in now and then - desertrose is the only other familiar name I have seen. I haven't been on much either. Right now I'm on assignment out of town without my pup. Frankly he's my therapy, Staying in a suite, essentially alone and struggling a bit. The company just lost the contract to the school district, so feeling more than vulnerable financially even though it won't take effect until July of 13. At my age it's just getting better and better (sarcasm). The young people here have been kind and offered times out to the bar. Sorry not my scene. So the isolation is getting extreme. Fortunately I only have to make it to Friday, back in town for the holidays and my companion get to see my kids and grand kids a well. Right now it seems a long way off. I know it's not but I sure feel that way.

MyRainIsBack replied to Demons2011's response:
Good to hear from you D, altho I am sorry you are struggling as well. I'm glad to hear you have your buddy with you. Unconditional love is a very good thing. Too bad us humans aren't as good with it, no? Esp with ourselves. Sorry to hear of the pending job loss. Things aren't what they used to be, that's for sure. I'm thinking of older relatives who only had 1 or 2 jobs their whole life -- talk about committment from the employee and employer!
Wise to focus on things to look forward to - like seeing your kids and gkids soon. I need to figure out what I can look forward to...

Demons2011 replied to MyRainIsBack's response:
Ah yes basking in a blizzard warning here in the great plains, right now between fronts, winds should pick rapidly and then the additional snow is supposed to hit. Should be a lovely day tomorrow - high of 23, low of 3. Hmmm, it's going to be a warm one. LOL

MyRainIsBack replied to Demons2011's response:
Safe travels! We are getting rain that will soon turn to snow, and high winds. Could be interesting trying to drive. A good couple of days to stay home in front of the fireplace for sure!

Demons2011 replied to MyRainIsBack's response:
Have a Merry and White Christmas

MyRain replied to Demons2011's response:
Trigger Warning-
Ah, D! So pretty. Looks peaceful. I hope you had a nice Christmas with family.
I am a deep, deep blue, midnight blue I'd say. I'm wondering what the use of it all is. What is the point? I don't know why I'm here.
Not planning anything drastic, don't even have the energy to do that. Trying to appear to be functioning on a somewhat normal level is taking too much effort.

Demons2011 replied to MyRain's response:
So sorry to hear about the blues. Is it post holiday? Was it Ok before Christmas? We, children and some of the grandchildren went to Embassy Suites for the holiday. They had a very good time. Especially riding up and down the elevators ( 4yr old), open glass elevators. I actually got most things done; like decorations down, chipped ice off patio, scooped an area out for Wylie to do his business. Snow was to high for him to go outside. Still cold (highs 25) , grim and gray. Mostly my worst season, especially these days. I feel borderline at this time. But still have lots of cyber hugs for you. I want you better for the new year! Cured? I don't ever expect it but I am fighting every day. For what; I don't know but I am fighting. I know your a fighter too!

Demons2011 replied to chez1's response:
Chez1, thanks for the frosty thoughts ( lol). But I think we have enough snow for now. We need to get the ice off the streets. Hoping Boxing Day went well for you and yours, a healthy and happier New Year.

MyRain replied to Demons2011's response:
Hey D,
I think it was, or is, a bunch of things, hitting at the same time, so to speak.
We have a lot to learn from kids, don't we? The little things in life seem to give the most pleasure sometimes (glass elevators, ceiling fans, empty boxes). Glad you were able to have some fun time with them.
Winter is hard - dark, cold, blah.
Thanks for the cyber hugs - and right back at ya.
Here's to fighting for something beyond despair.

Demons2011 replied to MyRain's response:
MyRain, Chez1 - We did it! We made it to another year. Hoping you have a Happier New Year, and more blessings than you know what to do with. "Lang may yer lum reek!" (live long and stay well) The Scotts said this well before Mr. Spock.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.