Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depression Help
An_249487 posted:
I think I've suffered from depression for a few years, but I have never been treated for it. Sometimes, I feel so bad that I physically hurt. I've had suicidal thoughts but have never acted on them. Today, I fought with my mom and had those thoughts again but I won't act on them. I know I need help, so I told my mom and she freaked out telling me she was going to call the police and have me committed and how I was out of control and it was all my fault and I was a complete disaster and how she sometimes wished she wasn't a mother and she wished she never had live here anymore. Did I make a mistake in telling my mom? I didn't know what to do. I don't want to be labelled as the crazy person. I'm really scared right now. I don't know if I should go to the ER tonight or wait to go to the dr in the morning but Im ready to get help. Im so scared and confused about everything
deasertrose responded:
You are not crazy and you probably scared the crap out of your mother and she didn't know what to do or how to respond. Did you go to the Drs? If so how was your visit. Come talk some more so I can try and help.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Mental Health Problems
Mental Health problems can bang anyone at anytime.The access of a ambit of mental disorders and mental health related problems will about ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.