Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Weight gain while on antidepressants
skyshine02 posted:
Thanks for sharing your experiences regarding weight gain while on antidepressants. Good to know that others struggle with this issue as well. I have tried WW, low carbs, high protein, low fat; even gave up my fave soft drink. No results.

It doesn't help that I am menopausal, am bothered by asthma, and was recently diagnosed with COPD. This factors definitely limit my physical activity.

Any ideas to share would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Anne

beautifulbuffalo responded:
Hi Skyshine. I suffer the same problem with big weight gain from my medications. I blew up like a balloon. With trying everything also to lose the weight with no luck.

All you can do is get your Dr. to try and change your medicine to one that won't make you gain weight. But that's not all that wasy either especially if the medication is working for you. But remember even if you change medications you still have all that weight to lose and it doesn't come off easy.

Good luck if you find a solution I know of a lot of people that would want to hear.,
BB

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.