Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Klonopin withdrawl
tkellyvt1 posted:
Hi,
I take zoloft for my anxiety/depression and recently started klonopin to help with the anxiety. I took .25mg 2x a day for two weeks and then started to do only .25mg 1x a day because it made me tired. I forgot to take my klonopin yesterday and was wondering if given the dose I was on and the amount of time I was on it is it likely I would feel withdrawal symptoms?

beautifulbuffalo responded:
Yes you could feel withdrawl. I take stronger medications and when I forget my morning meds I feel it by afternoon. But if I forget them for 2 days I'm in full withdrawl by day 3.
BB

itmatsb responded:
Some people do not have withdrawal and some like me have ferocious withdrawal from just the dose that you were taking. But only being on the Klonopin for 2 weeks, your system may not feel any withdrawal. I did manage to get off of it, but it took a long time. You may try counseling to help with the anxiety. But if you indeed need it, be sure and take it. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.