Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

PLEASE HELP ME, I HATE MY LIFE
Anon_26275 posted:
I have had OCD for most of my life but never this severe. I do not have the finances to pay for treatment in medicine/therapy. I understand that you have to take the thoughts for whats worth (nothing in reality). I just cant get thru it by myself. The worst is intrusive thoughts! I obsess over the random things its not just one thing Example: I went to a corner store, and there was an Arab that worked there fighting with a man. After that I told myself i wont go to any stores with Arab Muslims. I am NOT racist, but my OCD has made me think this way. Another example is my coworker who has a very annoying laugh once ate a hamburger from Wendys, Now, I wont eat any hamburger from wendys ill get chicken items but no beef. Its stuff like that that drives me crazy. I move from one "ocd" to the next, I have my good days where I controll it but then its like when I am clearheaded I have a terrible feeling in me that feels as if something is wrong or in the back of my head I am thinking of stuff.

The worst OCD that I have is intrusive thoughts about my family. I have thoughts about my mom, sisters. They really drive me insane, i HATE myself so much because I dont want to feel this way at all. I just wanna be normal. Also, it makes me spend money. example:if i go to a fast food place and the employee is rude or something is wrong with meal, I will go back to the place to receive the correct service. Its so ridiculous that my sister ex boyfriend took me to work one day and I dont take that way i go the long way to avoid traveling his route, I dont have a "if i dont this something bad will happen" OCD, its an intrusive thought that makes me do rituals to rid.

I guess what im asking is, can someone who has dealt with or is dealing with OCD please give me tips and ways to manage my intrusive thoughts? I am crying as I write this because I hate this. I know I have it for life I just wanna deal..... I have had suicidal thoughts but never really tried anything i dont think I know being in Heaven would be much better than this... please help me with tips that helped you.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.