Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Crying over everything... and I mean everything
An_249830 posted:
I have recently come to terms that I might be depressed. I am a new college student in a new relationship, and moved 5 hours away from home, in a different state. I am a woman, recently went to NMSU for undergraduate studies, and am now in a relationship with one of my best friends. We have been together for a little over 7 months now, however, I have never moved away from home, and he is 7 years older than me (please don't give me judgement for that fact, i'm not here for that) I found that I make a preconcieved notion of what our relationship would be like and any little falter causes me to cry. I give him major props for putting up with me. But, I have always had a problem in bringing up something that hurts me or I don't like without crying. And since I moved to college and started my relationship with him my crying got so much worse. I hate it, and I hate that people think I am bossing him around with my crying (they think I cry too much, and only to get his attention which is very wrong) I truthfully wish I could stop crying in total, I don't want to cry over everything.
Also, I feel that I am depressed, well very recently (on Wednesday) I lost a dear friend as she passed away, after fighting with a disease very simular to cancer. She had a blood disease, and in the end she had a brain hemmorage. Since then I have had increasing depressed thoughts, I don't smile nearly as much as I want to, and I have just been down lately. These feeling have been there all of my first semester, but they got worse in the past two days.
I want to be seen and remembered as the girl who was caught with food in her teeth too much, because she was always smiling. Not the girl with mascara running down her cheeks once again.
Please help me with ways to fight my depression, and my crying. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you.

Take the Poll

Should I talk to my doctor about medication or try a non-invasive treatment first such as vitamins, working-out, and thinking happy thoughts, or a homeopathic remedy?
  • Medical doctor
  • Homeopathic remedies
  • Vitamins, working-out, and thinking happy thoughts
vote
View Poll Results

lukeperry responded:
Of course your depressed. You just moved, your friend just died, your whole life has changed. Your seeing this man like a father or a best friend, and that's why you keep crying around him.

You should go see your GP for meds, to help you get through this bad time. Believe it or not, 'this too will pass.' Who cares if you keep crying around him, that's what he's there for. Anybody would be crying in your situation. Maybe you need to go home for a while, so you can have some normalcy. All I want to say is your acting normal under your situation.

Luke

beautifulbuffalo responded:
Hi I got your emai. I think you have a lot on your plate right now and that is what is making you depressed, Although medication may help I think seeking out a therapist that you can talk to and get everything out in the open, I think your crying will lesson and you will be able to get your life in prospective. Good luck and feel free to contact me at my email address at anytime.
BB

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Dont Like What I Have Become
Don't like what I have become......again...every few years I go down this hole and am scared to death More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.