Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Sister
beautifulbuffalo posted:
My sister who is 3 years older then I was admitted to the psychiatric Unit for severe depression, suicidal ideations. She lives 6 states away from me and she is alone as her children have disowned her. She is presently homeless so she is in a good place to get help and a warm bed and 3 meals.

I wish I could talk to her somehow as I spent 4 separate times in the hospital for depression. We both had terrible childhoods. Only difference is she was married twice to two abusive husbands. I married a kind wonderful man who has helped me and stood by my side through it all.

Lets all wish her well.
BB

itmatsb responded:
Of course I wish the best for your sister, but I also wish you well. You are the same person that just wrote to when you said that you barely spend any time with your wonderful husband because of your daughter. And you wrote about death being better than the stress of all your daughter's demands on you. And now I find out that you have been hospitalized for depression 4 times. You greatly need to take care of yourself so that you don't land in the hospital again or commit suicide. Then who are you going to be able to help? Stop being a slave to your daughter. I wrote you some time ago that you should tell her that you can use her car while you are babysitting her kid full time which she denied you. If you have such a wonderful husband who has stood by you, you need to show him some attention and for you as well. Do you hear me this time?

beautifulbuffalo replied to itmatsb's response:
I hear you but things are better said then done. My daughter finally bought a car of her own. I bought a car seat for my car but my daughter doesn';t want me to take my grandson anyplace. She doesn't think I can handle him. My daughter has a mood disorder but won't get treatment. She doesn't believe in it and I believe this is why her marriage only lasted 2 years. I seem to be stressed all the time. Makes me take pain meds to get rid of the emotional pain. I'm on disability retirement and haven't felt it yet.
BB

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.