Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depression from auto injury
JUJOTHIBO posted:
I'm new to this. I'm @ work & very depressed. Since the accident I'm having neck & back pains. Sometimes so severe I can't stand it. It's affecting me @ work & @ home. I see a Chiropractor who's wonderful, as is his staff. The treatments I receive from him help. But one wrong move, one wrong turn of my neck, & I end up w/a stiff neck (can't turn it), severe headaches, loss of control in my hands, & on & on. Then there is my mid to lower back issue. MY PROBLEM IS that I feel I need to pretend to be OK @ work or around friends, family & people in general. Except when the pain is too severe. Since the injury I'm now going thru a divorce, my 19 year old daughter HATES me because her adopted father is telling her lies & she's discarded me and my 24 year old son is leaving in March for Army training. I have on and off uncontrolable crying episodes. I can't find a doctor in my area that will take insurance. My prior doctor is now retired. My mood right now is very low. I am on anti-depressants, but the things going on now are way too much & I have no one to talk to. Some of my friends say talk to them. It's not the same. At least not for me. I'M JUST NOT FEELING GOOD AT THIS VERY MOMENT!!! Had to take a med I'm prescribed just to cope right now. It hasn't kicked in yet I guess.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.