Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Anger/depression
Los1101 posted:
I just want to vent a little, and see if discussing my problems here will hopefully help me at least a bit, i been dating my girlfriend for 8 months now and in the last 3 things have been kind off bumpy to say the least, im normally very easy going and dont take things too personal,i go woth the flow as they say usually but ive noticed that when its about gf i tend to get very angry with almost any little discussion that might come up,and i dont yell or hit them,but nothing they say or do would get me to cool off,i usually have to wait a couple of days to relax, i just wouldnt want to get like this everytome but i cant control myself,wish i could because it must be annoying for her/them in general to have me get that angry over little things,
Also i get very depressed sometimes out of nowhere,i dont go out i dont do anything,i dont talk to her or anybody but my parents ,this last depression lasted 2 weeks and ended last night witb me crying for 3 hours and getting very angry at myself,most of the time this depression comes from the problems that i have with my gf

GSimp responded:
Los1101

I hope things are a little bit better for you today. I've also been very angry and depressed and my mood tends to come from situations with my boyfriend. Recently, I have been completely night and day instantly. It can be something very subtle and I will blow up. With my last explosion, I dumped my boyfrriend, and then cried all night because I realized how important he is in my life. Right now, I'm waiting on him to decide if we can rekindle. It hurts though, it hurts me to know that I am hurting him.
Some things that I have done to help me so far is setting up this acct for online support group. I have made a list of things to do when I get angry or upset to avoid it affecting others. I've also scheduled meetings with therapists over the phone and in person. I realize that my anger is unhealthy not only for me, but for those around me as well. If your girlfriend means as much to you as you express here, helping yourself is what will keep you with her. If you don't channel your anger you do run the risk of losing the one you love, and I am only speaking from experience.
Good Luck to you, let me know how it goes!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.