Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

PPD
segadelli24 posted:
I have three children my daughter will be 3 april 8th my son 6 march 17th and my newest one Henry is 5 months. I have never exprienced aanything like this with my other two children and it came on very slowly at first the drs simply treated me for an anxiety disorder/panic attacks , then it hit deep dark depression were I felt like I was in a hole I couldnt crawl out of I began having horrible thoughts of hurting my children and went straight to the ER they admitted me to behavioral health for a week and I was put on clonopin and a 100mg of zoloft I have been home for a week and see a therapist once a week and follow up with my primary dr as well. The darkest part is gone but I still feel this detachment from life , not life myself , like I am just functioning but not expriencing the joy I used to the Dr assured me it will take some time for the medicine to do its "full" job I have only been on it for a week , my husband is deploying on thursday for 6 months as well but my father in law is coming to help me with the kids , I just feel lost and want my old self back .... this sucks!

nimchoo responded:
Hi, first I'd like to say good for you. You are a very strong and brave woman for seeking help immediately. You have 3 beautiful children who love you and you mean the world to them. I know it will be hard to get back to your normal self and it will take time, but you'll never be abandoned. I don't have ppd, but I worry that one day when I have kids I might. I think if you're strong enough to seek help, then you'll get through this. It might not be a smooth road. Some days you might feel worse than others. But you can't give up. You will be happy one day, maybe not now, but there's always hope.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.