Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

question
An_250182 posted:
has anyone had to deal with making a fool out of yourself in a grocery store? or anywhere? I made a fool out of myself again in the same store not registering in my mind the procedure for paying and using coupons.Thankfully we have other stores here so I can make the rounds ..until I run out of stores than I guess i have to start all over..by that time maybe the clerks will have forgot that lady that does whatever you want to call it..I feel so embarrassed and low right now..thanks for "listening"

lissmeanstrouble responded:
Even if you feel like you made a fool of yourself, try to make the situation light! Im sure the grocery store clerks have definitely already forgotten you, so many folks come through a store a day, they only have time to remember vague stories from one day to the next. Some one else has made the same "mistake" you did since then and theyve forgotten about you, and im sure just sum it up to the coupons, not you!

I was at the grocery store a few days ago, and honestly Id be more worried about the folks in line behind you, (which I DOUBT youll ever see again, so who cares what they think!) But a woman held up the line with her coupons, the cashier couldnt get them to ring in the way they should have. I was annoyed while I waited. Sure this subject reminded me of it, but really the furthest thing from important in my mind!

There was an incident where I was made a fool of by another patron at a store, and that I still remember, but am not as angered by it as I used to be.
I was coming thru the Chevron parking lot, and this man was 2 gas pumps away from me, I was not going over 10 mph. I parked my car and went inside to buy cigarettes, and the old man told me I was an a-hole and I should slow down. I was a 19 year old girl at this time, and it brought tears to my eyes there was an old man yelling at me for no reason, I didnt want to be disresepctful and yell at him, everyone in the Chevron was staring at me, I said Im sorry you feel that way sir, and he just kept yelling "gosh dam little Bi***" it was really uncalled for.
BUT! I cant even remember what he looks like. I didnt want to look at him cause he was being mean. If I ever saw him again, I wouldnt run up to him and say "YOUUUUUU!" Ya know?

Just know that nfolks dont hold onto those little things, just let it go, make it a joke, laugh it off, and go back to the store again, dont go out of your way just cause you made a coupon process mistake. oh well!

prophetess1987 responded:
I wanted to say (hopefully to help make you feel better about this b/c it's bugging you), you probably helped make the store clerks and customers day more eventful. working somewhere like that can be tedious, and having situations happen like this just gives them something to vent to themselves about and makes the day less routine. so if anything, you helped them

and I totally agree with lissmeanstrouble, it would have been long forgotten by now. but i also know how it feels in your position and it's really hard not to think that way. and hey, if it makes you feel better to go to other stores in the meantime, sounds like a plan! as long as it's helping you.

*hugs*

tiny450 replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
thanks you made me feel better and made me laugh..I am not alone...there are allot of stranger than me people out there..thanks for making me feel better...

tiny450 replied to prophetess1987's response:
thanks you made me feel much more better..it is so hard to deal with this but I have cyber friends who understand..thanks and have a great day ..here in Wisconsin is blizzard time...

lissmeanstrouble replied to tiny450's response:
Good I am so glad we could make you feel better!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.