Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Trying to start somewhere....
An_250193 posted:
Hi everyone, I guess the tittle of this post has to say it all. This is my first attempt into getting help for feeling depressed all the time. I'm normally this very happy 27 year old but got depressed because my life has changed and the trauma that I faced in the last three years. I've never dealt with change very well from losing my parents and having special needs to moving constantly as a child. Now I cry, seemed lost, daydream, having scary nightmares and constantly trying to find a need to escape my pain. For the first time I've decided to get help because I want to be happy and healthy again. I want to be able to function properly without having as much assistance that I need now. I just don't know where to turn to since my family is gone and my friends are very far away even though they know what's going on. They worry about my health these days. My only other support system is myself because I know in my heart I may have to go through this alone. Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a very good evening. Good night everyone

ollady76 responded:
Hello my name is April, 37, mother of 3, and a new friend (I pray). I have been dealing with depression pretty much all my life, still experiencing moments of happiness and the sense of productivity in day-to-day life. Although our situations differ somewhat I see common ground from both our experiences with life. The fact that you are becoming an active participant in the struggle to find purpose is a wonderful sign. Im not going to claim that I have all the answers, because I don't. What I do have is the knowledge of what I have gone thru and the decisions that have gotten me to the understanding I have now. I am extending this explanation and invitation to having a friend in your "arsonal" that will do her best to help us both thru our lives challenges, if you will allow me. Together we can figure this all out and become happy more than not. Please feel free to e-mail me anytime aprilfredrick@hotmail.com

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.