Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

my neverending unhappiness and depression causing marital problems
resttheweary posted:
I'm undergoing treatment for schizo-affective disorder, PTSD, GAD, delusional disorder, fibromyalgia. I can't find it in myself to be happy, nor have i ever. It seems my husband and i just live together, as if we don't lead a married life, just co-exist while we raise our two young daughters. He's at his breaking point, it's going on 2 yrs of me being this way, i can't show love/affection toward him because i don't feel those emotions anymore. He sleeps during the day and stays up at night, while i sleep at night and do housework/taking care of kids during the day. My lack of happiness is causing his depression/insomnia/. I don't know what to do, he says meet him on middle ground, but i just don't understand things the way most people do and i'm losing him slowly but surely. not sure what i'm looking for in a response, just can't take being such a burden to him anymore. I've been rejected and given up on by many people in my life, and i understand that. I'm lost as to what to do anymore! I'll add that he is very supportive of my mental disorders, he's hit a brick wall though.

socalmsg responded:
hi, rest. i am new to this community but saw your post from a few days back and felt compelled to respond. i know we dont know eachother but my heart just broke for you as i read your words describing your situation. have you tried a sit down conversation with him to lovingly and gently share your concerns and fears?

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

rohvannyn
You are special. I just want to let you know what a wonderful person you are. You give great advice. You're a very giving person...and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.