Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Trigger
An_250411 posted:
Start a few lines down
Don't read if your fragile today, I don't want to make anyone else feel bad.

It's a bad bad day, I feel like giving up, I don't care anymore. I can't stand the self hate and feeling that others hate me. I keep trying to get help and try to talk but it's as if everyone just patronizes me. "whatever it takes to get her to shut up" No one cares so why should I???? I don't want to feel like this anymore, I keep seeking the help But others come first, Everyone comes first. What makes it worse is that from someone looking in I have a good life, But inside me It's nothing but sadness and hate and anger. I don't remember what it feels like to be happy, to smile without faking it. To go a whole day without crying. I just want to sleep.

SuzianStar responded:
Hi -

I'm reading your post and I'm thinking to myself....did I write this post and just don't remember doing it? WOW - I totally understand what you are describing and it is a very, very low, bad, sad, awful, empty, hollow, hopeless place. I get it. You are NOT alone. Others feel the exact same way. It really is so sad to feel like that. I felt that way all weekend. Today I feel a wee bit better. How long have you been feeling like this? Does it come and go? Have you kept any kind of record like marking a calender or something to see if there is a pattern to it? Or do you feel like this all the time? If you feel like that all the time, I think medication is on the menu. Or at least consider it. When we get that down and filled with despair, and feel so very isolated and un-loved and lonely....we need some help. I would be glad to correspond with you if you like. you can reach me at rantingmom@gmail. I'm here and I understand how it feels. Sometimes just not be ALONE in it can help.
I know - it totally sucks!!
Suzian

lissmeanstrouble replied to SuzianStar's response:
I too just want to sleep, and I sleep and I sleep, and my fiance comes home and calls me a sleepy head, and then he leaves because Im tired, and when he comes home he goes to sleep, and I cant sleep cause I been sleeping all day so then I sit up and stare at the wall. I dont watch TV it doesnt interest me, I get stuck in my head all alone and lonely, trying to figure out why I feel like my relationship isnt right, and I really think its all my fault, and why cant I stop being so tired, why am I not more fun? Why dont I ever wanna go out anymore? How can I keep up with my fiance when I feel like this?

I know how you feel too, I have been hating on myself for days and days and cant seem to snap out of it...

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.