Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Just sad
An_250436 posted:
Sometimes I am not sure why I am even around, my head fills up with what ifs and should have beens. To me things could have turned out the way I tried to prevent them to but I just shielded myself from getting hurt by jerk-face guys and now I see them happy with other people and I wonder to myself, should I had just settled and dealt with their bull? Also this will be the 7 years my mom has been dead and my father is not even apart of my life. I'm in college and I work to provide for myself. but sometimes I feel empty, completely lost and sad because I more than anything just wish I knew someone who was dealing with what I am. I see all the support other kids get their parents and it sucks to watch because I don't have that. I don't have a Valentine for today and I don't have parents to be there for me. I'm at a point where giving up sounds like a good idea. And sometime the thought crosses my mind, and then I just talk myself down as to punish myself for the thought. Help please, I am extremely lost and losing hope....

wantshappy responded:
I understand, My parents altho still in my life don't understand and unable to be sportive, My mother tells me that the Doctors are quacks and it's "mind over matter" As If it's if I was stronger this wouldn't be happening, I know I'm Strong and I know you are too. we are strong because we haven't given up, We fight so hard everyday to push away all the things that you feel when depressed. I'm reaching for every limb I can right now, just to stay afloat. Stay strong and keep looking for what works for you, You can do it, You know what the problem is now you have the hard part of "fixing" it. Don't lose hope, I'm hear.

ThomasJ197438 responded:
I have just recently lost my father. I know a little bit of what you are going through... I feel like sometimes no mater how load i yell, I am never heard. sometimes the silence is deafening and other times people don't know when to shut up... The world is a beautiful place but it is so hard to see it through all of the hatred of others.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.