Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

My father Passed
ThomasJ197438 posted:
I am not really sure where to post this question/statement, hope this is the right spot... Well here it goes... just a few days before thanksgiving my dad pasted away do to a massive stroke no warning signs no nothing, he had a great day that day and everything My mom took him to the hospital on Thursday and that is where he had it. he stayed alive in a medical come for 4 days so everyone could say good bye... I am having trouble at times handling it so i try no to think about it. him and my mom was married for over 30 years and she is strong. it is exceptionally difficult to write this even. my family is a very close family which makes it all that much more difficult. Also I was the one that had to call my brother on the east coast and tell him that our dad was not going to make it and that he might not have enough time to see him before he passes. that was by far the hardiest call to make. Sometimes I feel alone in a sea of people. and angry at people who still have there father and people who are older than my father who are still around.I still have trouble talking about him. and the pain is still enormous at times. I am confused on everything everything that once was right side up is now upside down. it is actually difficult to find grief groups around my area and even harder to find one with people about my age I am 38.

itmatsb responded:
You have been through a very difficult time. I am so sorry for your loss. I was absolutely devastated when my father died. I couldn't work for a while or go anywhere. With your confusion, anger and trouble handling it, you could definitely be helped by counseling. Find a therapist as soon as possible, because otherwise your feelings will fester, go inward and come out in self-destructive ways. If you don't like the therapist, find another one. It is worth the money. I hope that you will go to one. Wish you the best during this time.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.