Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Dreams
An_250411 posted:
Dose anyone else have dreams where some of their fears are realized? I don't know how to deal with them, He always chooses someone else he's always cheating I wake myself up sobbing, He hears it but I get no reaction from him. He thinks I enjoy this, It feel like he doesn't care, he's living his "private" life which I'm not in, and I'm suppose to live my live and some times we come together. It's like he changed his mind but will not admit that he no longer wants this and just chooses not to be here, Why can't I be that special person for him? The one he can't live without. Do I think like this because of the depression? Is it made worse because of it, or has he just checked out? Please someone tell me. I'm sick of feeling like this, I'm sick of the dreams, I'm sick of the sad, the self hate. I want to be happy again, seems So long ago that I'm afraid I've forgotten how to be. Any ideas on how to fix this or get him to tell me what's going on? I'm desperate, any response PLEASE. I just want to feel like someone cares about me.

itmatsb responded:
The answer is very simple and the choice is up to you. Find someone who does care about you and shows it. The only option may be couples or marraige counseling, but from what you've described, he probaby won't change. By staying with him, unfortunately you are just enabling his terrible behavior.

lissmeanstrouble replied to itmatsb's response:
I agree with Sara unfortunately. I know how hard it can be to walk away and have to start over again, but try to find a silver lining, you will be so much better off in the long run, no one deserves to be second best to some one they love.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 33 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.