Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Side Effects from Zoloft
misscb posted:
Hi All, I am new at this community. I recently stopped taking Zoloft and then had some life changing experiences. I decided to go back o the Zoloft due to depression setting in again. I experienced certain side effects that started p again once i started taking the Zoloft again.

Has anyone experienced back pain, shoulder and back pain, profuse sweating or other physical side effects from Zoloft?

Thanks for any feed back or help on this.

lissmeanstrouble responded:
Im pretty depressed, so when I made the switch from Celexa to Zoloft, I didnt notice a definite change because I think it was like a tapering off that we did to ease me into it, BUT!
I have been experiencing really bad back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and my feet stink worse then ever, and it seems like my extra strength Degree deoderant is failing me.

I thought maybe Im just getting older. But im only 24.
Your post intrigues me, I have an upcoming doctor appointment, I hope I remember to ask him about this.

I know some folks would maybe suggest that the Zoloft just isnt working for you, because random pains are associated with depression, but where you discontinued the med and felt better prior and in between, I think you could be onto something.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.