Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Very Depressed
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I've been very depressed today. It doesn't help having my daughter living with us who has a mood disorder and can be very nasty and that's nice way of saying it. She has a lot of anger. She just got a divorce and has a 17month old. She refuses to get help or some medicine. She thinks it's nonsense. My therapist says she is only going to get worse without help and medicine. Meanwhile I have to suffer making my depression worse. I need all the advice I can get please. I am also one who won't talk back even to my daughter.
BB

An_250572 responded:
With a 17 month old around, its seems like a lot of stress for a child. You and your daughter need to be at your best, and that requires you both getting the help you need. Try giving your daughter information from your therapist and relating any help or relief you feel from going. That way she knows it does help to reach out for help.

-Elizabeth

beautifulbuffalo replied to An_250572's response:
I've been getting therapy for 18 years. My daughter saw her Dr. back when she was 17 and they put her on zoloft and she figured it wasn't working so she stopped taking it and said it was nonsense. She wants nothing to do with my therapy and won't even come to a session with me. I suffer severe depression, PTSD, anxiety. She just doesn't believe in getting help and feels nothing is wrong with her.My therapist says she will only get worse and explode. I hope her son isn't in the way. Meanwhile I have to put up with the stress of wondering isand when she is in a good mood or not,.

BB

lissmeanstrouble replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
to put it very simply BB its not back talking when you are the parent. She is your daughter, and it is not disrespectful of you to provide her with the guidance she needs, whether she wants to hear it or not.
Anyone with a short temper has no patience for folks who are afraid of them, you need to stand up to your daughter, and set things right.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.