Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    help me understand
    An_250627 posted:
    have seen therapist in the past when i was younger. once i became of age my parent insurence dropped on me so i had stoped seeing a thereapist and stoped taking meds. i thought i was doing ok for a while then started having kids and it like i dont have the energy for anything anymore. my spouse notice the change in me im not in to anything it hard to keep me happy, im not sociable, lack of energy, just want to be by myself. im always looking sad or angry. i know i need help but i dont have anyway of seeing a therapist or to get any meds. im always fighting with my spouse and im afraid if i dont do anything i will lose my family. i dont know how to make him understand me and my past of why i am the way i am.
    itmatsb responded:
    You definitely need medical help. If you can't afford a doctor appointment, then look into Medicaid. Also check with you Social Services Dept. And there are low rates for meds for those in need. Talk to your pharmacy about options. If you don't get help, you may lose your family. And your quality of life needs help for YOU. Wish you the best.
    Ajaradom responded:
    Dear An,

    My heart goes out to you. I have clinical depression --- have had it most of my adult life.

    Here are some questions to help you: Have you looked into free or income based medical clinics in your area? Have you tried calling psychiatrists in your area to ask them if they will see you on a sliding scale (income based)? Do you know if you are eligible for medicare? Is there a church in your area that you would feel comfortable asking for help?

    I know how difficult it is to do the smallest task when you are depressed --- even dialing a phone number or just looking in the phone book requires super human effort --- but try, try, try --- I know it's hard but try, try, try.

    Do simple, little things like sit in the sunshine --- let the sun shine on your face. Laugh --- find someone or something that makes you laugh Something that helped me once --- coloring in a color book you can do that with your kids

    I do not have the answers An, but asking the questions helps me, and I hope it helps you!

    Sit down with your husband, take his hand in yours, and look into his eyes and tell him you need his help, you need his love and his friendship --- you need his understanding and compassion --- ask him to be patient with you because you know you need help --- tell him you want to get better so you can be there for him and your children --- ask him to help you find help.

    Keep me posted --- I'd like to know how you are doing! I'll try to think of some more questions to ask you Smile, smile, smile --- set a goal for yourself to give a smile to every person you look at every day ---- make a conscious effort ---- SMILE GIRL SMILE

    Peace my friend,


    Helpful Tips

    safe AD to take with tramadol.
    my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.