Live with depression or go broke paying for medication to minimalize ir?
An_250702 posted:
I suffered from depression when I was a child, placed on an anti-depressant from the ages of 12-16 when I voluntarily stopped taking medication. After that, I suffered from depression for small periods of time. Now I am almost 30 years old and it seems my depression has arisen once again, except now it is effecting my job and relationship. I have no insurance or expendable cash for any sort of physicians opinion or medication, nor do I desire to be on medication again. Is there anyway to be rid of this? I feel as if nothing I do is good enough and I also feel no desire to awake in the morning. The most enjoyable time of my life, right now, is when I am asleep. I do not have suicidal thoughts yet. I could never do something like that due to my mother and boyfriend. I wish not to inflict pain upon them like the pain I feel but I can no longer function. What can I do that is inexpensive, requires no insurance and will give me little negative side effects. Anti-depressants in the past have seemed to cause me more harm that positive effects. Any suggestions to get me to awake in the morning? All I want to do is sleep and sleep and sleep

Take the Poll

Is there anyway to live with depression if I have no insurance and have currently been forced to take a low paying job but not low enough to be eligible for any sort of welfare benefits for medical expenses?
  • Taking medication is the only way to live with depression
  • Yes, some home remedies may help cope
  • I'm just destined to be a statistic
vote
View Poll Results

jim531 responded:
If you can't afford or refuse to take medication again then you have to try the natural remedies to combat depression. The two most powerful ways to release serotonin are getting a lot of sunlight and getting daily exercise. Take advantage of anytime that you can get outdoors in the sun. The exercise needs to be aerobic exercises such as running, biking, swimming, ect. that elevates the heart rate. A vigorous workout of 45 min to an hour first thing in the morning improves my mood for the rest of the day. Hope this helps and good luck.

chelseagolden responded:
I know exactly what your going through. I have been suffering with severe depression and anxiety for over ten years and it has just got worse over the years. My energy is so low that I haven't been able to work and I just want to sleep all day. I have tried to excercise but I can only do it for about 5 minutes then i'm exhausted and more tired. I have also been having suicidal thoughts for the past few months and it really scares me.

lissmeanstrouble replied to jim531's response:
I have been convinced I was unable to exercise for the past few months cause Ive just felt ghastly... but my fiance got me to go to the gym with him on Monday, and I have felt GREAT for the past two days or so.