Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Cymbalta
barbarafromtucson posted:
Is it just me? I find the music (piano) in the Cymbalta commercial on t.v. very depressing. And when the commercial comes on t.v.--I get it stuck in my head and makes my depression worse!

beautifulbuffalo responded:
I'm not understanding why is would depress you as Cymbalta is a very good medicine for depression. I've used it for years and recently uped it my aches and pains. I take 120mg a day. Good Luck.
BB

jselleck replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Don't know about the song, but that drug actually made my bipolar mania worse once I cycled through. In fact just about every anti depressant I've taken since diagnosed with the exception of Prozac has done the same thing. Be very very careful taking this drug. Yes, I am aware that each medicine affects each person differently, but still, educate yourself. That's the mistake I made. I'm now totally off all anti depressants and actually doing better with my bipolar than I have in 7 years. Think about it.

JSelleck

barbarafromtucson replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
I am sure the medicine is very helpful...I was commenting on the commercial itself, not the medicine it is advertising!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.