Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Don't know what to do
An_250720 posted:
I have been struggling with severe depression, anxiety, ocd and eating disorders since I was 17 and I am now 30. I was in a residential treatment center about 5 years ago for a stay of 4 months for my eating issues and anxiety/ocd. I was a little better for about a year after leaving but since that time I have been declining again. Last year I attempted to kill myself 3 times by overdosing. I don't know if they were so much suicide attempts as much as cries for help, but they were serious attempts that landed me in the hospital. I took a new job in a new state 6 months ago away from my family and friends. I live alone and my job has turned out to be much more stressful than I expected. I don't have the support system that I had before. I am a teacher so quitting my job at this point would not be good since it is mid year and this is looked down upon but I am really suffering with my depression and anxiety. I feel like I can't even function as a normal person at this point. I am able to make myself go to work but that is about it. Every little thing seems like a huge chore even things like paying a bill or going to the store. Meds and going to a doctor once a week are not helping at all. My question is should I go back into a treatment facility for my issues or would it be pointless since I have already been in a treatment center 5 years ago. My parents would have to pay for it as I cannot afford the high cost.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.