Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    Don't know what to do
    An_250720 posted:
    I have been struggling with severe depression, anxiety, ocd and eating disorders since I was 17 and I am now 30. I was in a residential treatment center about 5 years ago for a stay of 4 months for my eating issues and anxiety/ocd. I was a little better for about a year after leaving but since that time I have been declining again. Last year I attempted to kill myself 3 times by overdosing. I don't know if they were so much suicide attempts as much as cries for help, but they were serious attempts that landed me in the hospital. I took a new job in a new state 6 months ago away from my family and friends. I live alone and my job has turned out to be much more stressful than I expected. I don't have the support system that I had before. I am a teacher so quitting my job at this point would not be good since it is mid year and this is looked down upon but I am really suffering with my depression and anxiety. I feel like I can't even function as a normal person at this point. I am able to make myself go to work but that is about it. Every little thing seems like a huge chore even things like paying a bill or going to the store. Meds and going to a doctor once a week are not helping at all. My question is should I go back into a treatment facility for my issues or would it be pointless since I have already been in a treatment center 5 years ago. My parents would have to pay for it as I cannot afford the high cost.

    Helpful Tips

    iPhone app that helps me stay active
    I've been using the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone app to track my activities and to rate how good the activity made me fell. I find that doing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 10 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.